Am I the right fit?
What can you expect from me?
- Prompt, professional replies to your calls and messages
- A willingness to collaborate pre-event to ensure my presentation is aligned with event goals
- An expert designed, dynamically delivered presentation focused on achieving the outcomes you want with your audience
- A custom created resource page including a PDF of the presentation, links to tools, templates, and other original documents of value to your audience
- A quick personal follow-up communication after the event to make sure I met you and your audience’s expectations
EuroIA 2018 | Dublin, Ireland
Human empathy creates compelling opportunities to truly understand people’s problems and provide valuable solutions. By consistently identifying and tracking the feelings and needs of people, including those we have never met, we can systematically incorporate that insight into our design work— connecting more quickly, effectively, and sustainably.
SoftBank World 2017 | Tokyo, Japan
We are in the Empathic Age of product design—a time when the needs and feelings of all stakeholders, especially customers, can be quickly identified, effectively measured, and more meaningfully served. We now have the means to create increasingly natural and value-driven interactions between digital products and targeted audiences. This successful combination of conversational UI, artificial intelligence, and a systematic focus on needs, represents the first digital platform that can manage levels of empathy.
AIGA Hive 2017 | Seattle, USA
Designers have never before worked in a nation that’s so divided, so polarized. How do we serve audiences that we may disagree with or can’t relate to? In this lively and timely discussion, we’ll cover real-world techniques and tools for developing understanding and empathy with both like- and non-like-minded people on an everyday basis—whether you work on a large team or as a freelancer.
Bio (Short Version)
Umit Gokce, President/Principal Designer at Empathico LLC, is a six-time entrepreneur and an award-winning digital product designer. He has worked on over 125 design projects for clients including Microsoft, AT&T, NTT DoCoMo, Motorola, Nike, and Johnson & Johnson. Umit is a noted subject matter expert and frequent speaker on user-centered and data-driven design. He is the creator of the Empathy-Driven and Startup-Minded frameworks, workshops, and curricula for entrepreneurship and innovation.
Bio (Highlights Version)
- Completed more than 125 UX/UI design projects in management and IC roles on a broad variety of teams
- Started-up and ran five tech businesses with 150+ total employees and 6,000+ paid customers
- Served clients including: Microsoft, Xbox, F5 Networks, AT&T, NTT DoCoMo, Motorola, Nike, Johnson & Johnson, Pearl Drums, University of Washington, University of Calgary, Seattle Public Schools
- Created The Empathy-Driven Framework for Innovation and Problem Solving featured in university and high school curricula and corporate workshops
- Founded and ran a non-profit educational program supported by 400+ adult and teen volunteers
Thank you again for your interest. The next step is to contact Umit with your specific event details and/or questions.